You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
installing diagbox
06-22-2018, 08:05 AM
installing diagbox
Hello all, hope someone can help with what I hope is a simple question: Having had Saab for many years using Tech2 and Globaltis, I switched a month ago to Citroen, and so obtained a diagbox clone. The problem I have is with installing the software, the installation instructions are not very clear (to me!). I understand that appdiag.sys file has to be cut out before upgrading, but when does it back? is it when the first part of the upgrade is complete (before restarting computer) or after the internet update is complete after restart. Diagbox loads and runs until it asks for the RPO number and then freezes and will not go back orshut down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sokol, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jun 2018.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2018, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2018 02:21 PM by gargamel.)
RE: installing diagbox
(06-22-2018 08:05 AM)Sokol Wrote:  Hello all, hope someone can help with what I hope is a simple question: Having had Saab for many years using Tech2 and Globaltis, I switched a month ago to Citroen, and so obtained a diagbox clone. The problem I have is with installing the software, the installation instructions are not very clear (to me!). I understand that appdiag.sys file has to be cut out before upgrading, but when does it back? is it when the first part of the upgrade is complete (before restarting computer) or after the internet update is complete after restart. Diagbox loads and runs until it asks for the RPO number and then freezes and will not go back orshut down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

appdiag.sys is the activation file, it is backed up (copy not cut) , in order to restore it by overwriting the existing one if at some point the activation is corrupted during an update or similar situation.

.-)

P.D: Always install, update and works with offline , never conected to inet or maybe can be damaged VCI or corrupt software.

Do not forget to press the Rep [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] and Thanks [Image: postbit_thx.gif] buttons if I helped.
 Thanks given by: Diagnostix
06-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Thanks for that gargamel, everything is running fine now. The installation instructions I had were in the form of a video, unfortunately in Chinese, and the instruction was definitely cut and paste but I have since found a video in English confirming your post, so once again many thanks.

Sokol, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jun 2018.
 Thanks given by: Diagnostix
06-24-2018, 09:54 AM
@Sokol.

Please learn to use the Reputation button [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] and the +Thanks button [Image: postbit_thx.gif] below a members post to show your appreciation when a member helps you. This is a forum tradition. Big Grin

GarageForum Team.

Do not forget to press the Rep [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] and Thanks [Image: postbit_thx.gif] buttons if I helped.
 Thanks given by: maldor