You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Online Dyno Files Service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ids questions
02-21-2021, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2021 04:20 PM by shakey.)
Ford ids questions
hi people, im new to the diagnostic side of vehicle repair, and normally pay to have my vehicle plugged in, so last month I purchased a ds150e clone and Delphi 2016,also purchased wow wurth 2019, I also got me an elm327 and forscan.

So I have been playing around with the 3 softwares I have and now have jumped into getting IDS 120.
I have searched here and the net but im unable to find an answer, my head is banging and eyes are hanging out trying to find an answer
can i use either ds150e or the elm327 to work with IDS?
I remember having to use the serial number and I think the drivers from the Delphi and paste them into wurth to get it to recognise the ds150e so I could use the wurth package.
I have successfully installed IDS and cracked it but cant connect to my vehicle (mk7 transit) is this due to not having the correct lead? or am I missing something as simple as I haven't put the drivers in the IDS program?

vci manager is not detecting my ds150e or my elm327
also, do I need to install VMware to use IDS?or can I run it straight from my lappy?im using windows 10 aswell
im hoping some kind person can point me in the right direction
sorry for such a long post but have tried to include as much info as possible
many thanks for reading this

and I also apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section

shakey, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Feb 2021.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2021, 04:45 PM
RE: ids questions
(02-21-2021 03:39 PM)shakey Wrote:  hi people, im new to the diagnostic side of vehicle repair, and normally pay to have my vehicle plugged in, so last month I purchased a ds150e clone and Delphi 2016,also purchased wow wurth 2019, I also got me an elm327 and forscan.

So I have been playing around with the 3 softwares I have and now have jumped into getting IDS 120.
I have searched here and the net but im unable to find an answer, my head is banging and eyes are hanging out trying to find an answer
can i use either ds150e or the elm327 to work with IDS?
I remember having to use the serial number and I think the drivers from the Delphi and paste them into wurth to get it to recognise the ds150e so I could use the wurth package.
I have successfully installed IDS and cracked it but cant connect to my vehicle (mk7 transit) is this due to not having the correct lead? or am I missing something as simple as I haven't put the drivers in the IDS program?

vci manager is not detecting my ds150e or my elm327
also, do I need to install VMware to use IDS?or can I run it straight from my lappy?im using windows 10 aswell
im hoping some kind person can point me in the right direction
sorry for such a long post but have tried to include as much info as possible
many thanks for reading this

and I also apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section
The ds150 only works on delphi/autocom and wow. Elm will also not work with IDS.

What you need is a vcm2/3 or a good passthru VCI like an openport 2 (OEM not clone), vcx se pro or a scanmatic sm2 pro. Last being one of the best you can get. Im sure is a few more as long as they have passthru capabilities.

IDS can run straight from your laptop unless you want the mazda software aswell. You can only run 1 or the other but not the 2 on the same OS. Then you install one in a VM and the other direct to OS.

Hope that helps mate.

Crouchingllama, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jul 2020.
 Thanks given by: shakey
02-22-2021, 02:53 AM
RE: ids questions
many thanks mate for the info

shakey, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Feb 2021.