You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Latest news: --- Scania SDP3 2.44.1 --- looking for flash file for.. --- BMW ISTA-D 4.22.40 Standalone FULL Mega --- Help --- Delphi Solution --- activation help --- VASPC 19.01.01 --- Need Stage 1 Seat ibiza 1.2 Simos 3 --- Audi MMI3G Repair Jtag Pinout --- Cummins INCAL (04.2020) Full DVDs ---

Online Dyno Files Service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Techstream during Quarantine
04-04-2020, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2020 02:47 PM by lstevens.)
Lexus Techstream during Quarantine
Hi all!
First and foremost, thank you all (both creators and contributors) for this wonderful site. I only just discovered it, as I am quarantined due to Covid-19. I live alone, so this forum is one of the few positive diversions I have. My car is in a closed off area in the backyard, so to pass the time, I decided to try/learn Techstream. This site has been wonderful, both in giving me great information about cars in general (I lurked for quite a while before joining), as well as generously supplying me with a key for the software. I have now run into an issue and I am hoping that one (or more) of the Techstream Gurus on this site might have some idea what is going on. Here is what happened:

I have a 2019 Lexus NX. I bought a Mini VCI with 1.4.0 firmware on Amazon. It came with V14.30.023 software. It worked, however the software came without a Key, so it only worked in offline mode. However, Health Check and localized functions worked fine. I then decided to search for a way to run the full software in online mode. Since I was going to have to get a key anyway, I decided to download the newer 15.00.026 software. I obtained a key (thank you @kikis), and everything loaded up/ran fine. However, when I connected the cable and then pressed "connect to car" (and got no error messages), I got a very different Techstream screen with far fewer options. In particular, Health check is missing. I KNOW that the cable/car is connected, because I am able to click on the Tire Pressure Monitor ECU and see the Tire pressures.

I have attached a screenshot of what I get when connected. I am hoping the GURU(s) here can help me figure out this quandary. Specifically:

1) I know the cable is functioning and the car is connecting, because there are no Techstream error messages on software startup AND I can read the Tire Pressure Monitor ECU.

2) So what could it be that made much of the Techstraem functionality "go away" just by updating to the new software version?

I appreciate any/all help while I sit here in quarantine.

PLEASE everyone be careful, be safe, and stay healthy!!!!

My best wishes and prayers to all.

lstevens, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Apr 2020.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Techstream during Quarantine
In case there is no one on this forum that knows the answer to this, is there another forum anywhere that has people knowledgeable of Tehchsteaem issues?

lstevens, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Apr 2020.
05-15-2020, 02:21 AM
Hello,
I wonder if it has to do with the firmware version of the cable's compatibility with the software version? If the hardware could have a play in the software reading the ecu's.

Love the Diesel, Do the work.
Work on your own vehicles, save the money!
M113 5.4L AMG
OM642 CDI
06-02-2020, 04:27 PM
You will probably need to update your MiniVCI cable to a newer firmware. I had a 1.4.X and also had similar problems. After getting a 2.0.4 cable, and loading AutoKent's MultiVCI x64 driver, everything worked out great.
Before getting a new cable, have you tried upgrading your drivers?

kpex, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jun 2020.