You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Latest news: --- Program for easy replacement of the dashboard and adding mods --- TIS2000 8.2008? --- Edis 2012/3 --- collection of radio code calculation free for all --- data explorer manager+crack --- arbiter psa calculation --- ETKA 7.5 - hardlock error 15 invalid hl-search --- ETK_10_2017 MEGA --- Flash file --- MERCEDES EPC 09/2017 TORRENT ---

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tech2/MDI/TIS2000 Question
12-11-2016, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 01:09 PM by ForestCat.)
GM Tech2/MDI/TIS2000 Question
If one was ONLY concerned w/ a 2004 GM vehicle, is there any 3rd party package that would provide more "bidirectional" capability than the Tech2(or MDI/Tech2Win)/tis2000 combo?

I don't have a shop, only concerned w/ maintaining the wife's LeSabre. The Tech2/tis2000 can be had nowadays for less than the cost of even the most basic odb-flagged repair, so if it's the whole enchilada for the 2004 GM world, it's no-brainer.

OTOH, if somebody knows of a cheap/hacked/free s/w solution that will give me access to ALL of the vehicles data/diagnostics/modules/etc with a generic ELM327 interface (I have this one: http://www.obd2allinone.com), I'd be grateful. I know about Ease X3, but it's WAY out of reach price-wise, and does not appear to have been "fixed"...
Thanks for reading.

ForestCat, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Dec 2016.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply