You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Latest news: --- ASTON MARTIN DB9 --- Insite 8.5 activation --- ET 2019A activation --- Renault Can Clip v 189 . --- Odis Online Function Login Service --- How to do coding with monaco --- Ford Accessories Embellishes For Your Used Car --- [DIY] tachograph download cable --- Postsetup 89.0.190 for ODIS 5.1.5 2019-07-02 --- Ds 150e firmware issue ---

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OPEL WONT START NO CRANK NO COMM TO ECU,ABS AND TCM
06-13-2019, 06:19 AM
Opel OPEL WONT START NO CRANK NO COMM TO ECU,ABS AND TCM
Hi everyone am new here.

My name is Cebo i need help my car has been stuck for 2years now astra h auto 1.8i it turns on but no crank when i plug diagnostic tool it says no comm to ECU,ABS AND TCM i sent it to the dealer GM they could not help now i dont know what to do, so can someone please help me with wiring diagram so i can check where the power get lost or ground.

Thank you
samukelomagubane@gmail.com

cebo, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jun 2019.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2019, 05:43 AM
RE: OPEL WONT START NO CRANK NO COMM TO ECU,ABS AND TCM
Hi, have you checked that all the fueses are in the engine compartment? And what dealer can fail to fix a no crank no start car?

snyper1, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Mar 2019.
07-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Opel RE: OPEL WONT START NO CRANK NO COMM TO ECU,ABS AND TCM
as far as I could see (TIS 2000 v96) your car has a high speed /low speed CAN bus system. It requires a thorough understanding of car electronics to diagnose it. Because communication is missing between several systems this would be where I would look first.
A CAN-bus consists of only 2 twisted wires and it there are several variations. Basically it's an electronic highway over which all the modules (ECUs) communicate.

Apart from checking the fuses here are more suggestions:
- bear in mind: you would in particular be looking for those 2 twisted wires -

Check for broken wires, especially where a cable loom rubs against the chassis or other parts. If it's a LH drive, find the 3 control boxes under the hood. They are situated rear left under the hood ( if the hood is open: right, close to the windscreen). Look for water ingress.
If the transmission is connected to the CAN-bus, check there too!
If you want to know more about CAN bus have a look at the YouTube channel:

Sorry, that's all I can say. Best is to find a specialized shop in car diagnostics.

sunkist, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jul 2018.