You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New guy here with questions!
01-21-2019, 12:14 PM
New guy here with questions!
So I've just bought a 2008 vw r32 with the v6 3.2l and im looking into a vcds. I'm a bit confused as I see so much varying info and software but I'd like to go as cheap as I can on a cable that will still communicate with the I can function. I'd also like to get into tuning the ECU but I have a lot of research to do too see if I can do that. I'm not really a stranger to this type of stuff per say, I previously built and boosted and Hyundai Accent and installed my tuning hardware, built a rs232 to ttl converter (which it seems the obd2 to usb cables needs if you dont go serial) and tuned the car myself. Anyways, I'll be doing a lot of research in the upcoming months and any advice to point me in the right direction would be amazing!

omgbossis21, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jan 2019.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: New guy here with questions!
(01-21-2019 12:14 PM)omgbossis21 Wrote:  So I've just bought a 2008 vw r32 with the v6 3.2l and im looking into a vcds. I'm a bit confused as I see so much varying info and software but I'd like to go as cheap as I can on a cable that will still communicate with the I can function. I'd also like to get into tuning the ECU but I have a lot of research to do too see if I can do that. I'm not really a stranger to this type of stuff per say, I previously built and boosted and Hyundai Accent and installed my tuning hardware, built a rs232 to ttl converter (which it seems the obd2 to usb cables needs if you dont go serial) and tuned the car myself. Anyways, I'll be doing a lot of research in the upcoming months and any advice to point me in the right direction would be amazing!
If you are looking to get into tuning then cheap is the one thing you do not want to go, most of the cheap tools out there is the ones doing all the damage.

Mrnoname30, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Feb 2019.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply