You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Latest news: --- installing diagbox --- esitronic application 2012/1 not loading --- Linde Pathfinder [2018] --- XENTRY Diagnostics OpenShell 18.7.4 Torrent --- K-suite 2.47 china clone --- Edit flash files IS VOLVO+RENAULT TRUCKS --- Development Volvo Tech Tool PTT2.4 2017 + KG --- Ebaman, for service manuals inc HiFI, Ham-radio and Electronic instruments and others --- WOW-305-977-465-423016-9780295 --- Cannot get Diagbox to work. ---

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need space to store my car
05-25-2018, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2018 12:16 AM by arielleRJ.)
Need space to store my car
Hi, I live in Toronto. Next, I am going to America to stay with my brother. I will return back only after one month. Till I return, I was planning to keep my car in a storage space in Burlington. I need a typical storage unit for a classic car. My house is a small one. It doesn't have a garage. I don't have enough time to build a new garage. I will be going next week. This week, I will be busy. I am looking for storage units in Burlington. I have to clean the car before moving into a storage unit. Also, the oil needs to be changed. What all things need to be done before moving the car into a storage unit? Do we need to remove the battery if we intend to store the car for more than 30 days?

arielleRJ, proud to be a member of GarageForum since May 2018.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2018, 12:44 AM
RE: Need space to store my car
Fully charge the battery and when you park it in storage just remove the Negative (Earth) cable. You can leave oil change until your return if you like. If you are going to leave it for 6 months or more it is best to raise car on axle stands on the chassis such that suspension is not loaded and tyres are just clear of the ground.

Diagnostix, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Mar 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Balyanchic , kikis