You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Differences between Torque and ODIS
01-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Differences between Torque and ODIS
I own a VAG 5054A, which can be used with the ODIS application. I also bought a Bluetooth interface ELM327, which can be used with the Torque application. I only played around with the ELM device and haven't started using the VAG 5054A. I was wondering what does ODIS enable me to do, that the Torque app doesn't (I'm thinking about selling the VAG 5054A)? Can someone please explain this? Thank you!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: juliopc
01-06-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: Differences between Torque and ODIS
(01-06-2018 11:22 AM)RunoTheDog Wrote:  I own a VAG 5054A, which can be used with the ODIS application. I also bought a Bluetooth interface ELM327, which can be used with the Torque application. I only played around with the ELM device and haven't started using the VAG 5054A. I was wondering what does ODIS enable me to do, that the Torque app doesn't (I'm thinking about selling the VAG 5054A)? Can someone please explain this? Thank you!
Im not an expert but i think torque is a general diagnosis software using an elm interface , 5054a and odis are dealer level diagnosis, repairing and programming tools much better and complete , clone for original manufacturer equipment.

For a owner reading and clear codes elm327 tweaked or not do a great job , for a mechanical or professional a dealer level tool its needed.

I hope understanf me , my english is bad. Sorry for it. Smile

:-)

Do not forget to press the Rep [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] and Thanks [Image: postbit_thx.gif] buttons if I helped.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: juliopc , csaszykj