You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DiagBox: how to input unlocking key for secure configuration
06-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Citroen DiagBox: how to input unlocking key for secure configuration
Hi.
I hope I'm not creating duplicate threads but I couldn't find any information for this.

I was trying to enable the "Indexed mirrors for reverse gear" on a Citroen C4 Picasso from 2018, using DiagBox 7.57 installed on a Windows 7 with a Lexia cable clone with firmware 4.3.4.
When I change to "Yes" and press Ok, the application will try to contact the server, the message "Download in progress" is shown and the following message appear:
"Secure configuration not authorized (unlocking key incorrect)."
But then it only asks to try again, it never asks for the unlocking key. Then if I press No, it will show message that Programming has failed. Please see attached pictures.

I suppose I need to buy a token to change this configuration on the BSI but my questions are:
1) where do I input the unlocking key? shouldn't it be asked directly when trying to change the configuration? or is there some preparation that I need to do before trying to change the configuration?
2) is this unlocking key the token that can be purchased from Citroen Service site?
3) is there a cheaper way to get these codes? (in Citroen Service site it costs 35€ each token plus VAT)
4) once I get the unlocking code / token can I change the configuration while running DiagBox offline or do I need to connect to PSA server? and if it needs to connect to server, can I use this DiagBox installation from maitresox?

Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2019, 05:21 PM
RE: DiagBox: how to input unlocking key for secure configuration
Hi
What do you do exactly ? What telecoding ? ABS ?

help me and I'll help you Handshake
06-23-2019, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2019 10:37 AM by silmarx.)
(06-22-2019 05:21 PM)Shen Wrote:  Hi
What do you do exactly ? What telecoding ? ABS ?
As I said in the post, I'm trying to enable some functions in the BSI. In this particular case I want to enable the automatic rear mirror tilt when reverse gear is engaged. I think this is the function called "Indexed mirrors for reverse gear".
Please see attached screenshots. There you can see where those configurations are located.

silmarx, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jun 2019.
06-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Hi
Ok, i think 7.57 is too old for your Citroen C4 Picasso from 2018. First, try to update to 7.83
If not work, you must to use 9.XX version.

06-25-2019, 08:50 AM
(06-25-2019 07:23 AM)Shen Wrote:  Hi
Ok, i think 7.57 is too old for your Citroen C4 Picasso from 2018. First, try to update to 7.83
If not work, you must to use 9.XX version.
But 7.57 works fine after updating firmware to version 4.3.4, I can access all parameters, run diagnostic test and read faults.
I think my problem is related with some wrong configuration or activation.
I hope someone that already changed car configurations can help with this.

06-27-2019, 10:42 AM
as already written by Shen is the software V07.57 from 2015 and has the firmware 4.3.2 and not 4.3.4.
From firmware 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 there are restrictions on manual "Telecoding".
Remote coding is - with newer models - only possible over the paid service hotline.
V07.57 (Firmware 4.3.2) is the last version which allows manual "Telecoding" for vehicles until 2015/2016.

citrotti, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jul 2015.
06-27-2019, 12:24 PM
(06-27-2019 10:42 AM)citrotti Wrote:  as already written by Shen is the software V07.57 from 2015 and has the firmware 4.3.2 and not 4.3.4.
Remote coding is - with newer models - only possible over the paid service hotline.
V07.57 (Firmware 4.3.2) is the last version which allows manual "Telecoding" for vehicles until 2015/2016.
Thanks for the answer.
Ok, it makes sense. My car is a C4 Picasso from 2018 and with firmware 4.3.2 I get an error when accessing the BSI: "unrecognized ECU". With 4.3.4 version it reads fine.
However there's something I still don't understand: using 4.3.2 even I get this error, if I click on the BSI it enters and I can see all the parameters that can be configured, just like when using version 4.3.4. So I tried to change them using 4.3.2 and I get exactly the same error "Secure configuration not authorized (unlocking key incorrect)".
So I'not sure whether this error has something to do with what you wrote about 4.3.2 still allowing manual "Telecoding" or if is something else, like a restriction in the car's BSI itself, no matter the firmware version I use, can it be?

Anyway, I'm still interessed in changing configuration ("Telecoding") if I have to pay for it (if the cost is reasonable of course). The thing is that I don't know how to do it even if I have to pay. Where do I get the lock key so I can request/generate the unlock key online? And where do I enter then the unlock key?

06-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Hi
What is your profil in parameter, 20FFF000 or other ?

06-27-2019, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2019 06:14 PM by silmarx.)
(06-27-2019 05:46 PM)Shen Wrote:  Hi
What is your profil in parameter, 20FFF000 or other ?
Profile is 02FFF000. What does it mean?

(06-27-2019 10:42 AM)citrotti Wrote:  as already written by Shen is the software V07.57 from 2015 and has the firmware 4.3.2 and not 4.3.4.
A small correction from my side: I used version 7.66 when updating firmware to 4.3.4, after realizing version 7.57 with firmware 4.3.2 was not recognizing the BSI, but anyway result was the same with both 7.66 and 7.57 as I wrote in a previous post.

09-18-2019, 11:25 PM
same issue on 4008(P84C)

Hank, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Dec 2018.