You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
DiagBox 8.xx Installation & Upgrade
02-18-2016, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017 04:51 PM by Simple.)
DiagBox 8.xx Installation & Upgrade
Installing DiagBox 8.01

This procedure and the software provided are intended for personal, educational and experimental use to install DiagBox 8.01. I hold no responsibility for any illegal or improper usage. Carry out this procedure at your own risk.

Notice
- Links for DiagBox 8.01, DiagBox updates, Cache Restorer and "AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe" are in the attachment.
- Starting with an installed (32 bit) Windows XP Pro SP3 (or other 32 bit Windows) and ".NET 3.5 SP1" (I had FireFox and 7Zip also installed).
- Download and Install "MS VC++ 2008", a copy is available here "C:\teleassistance\visualC\vcredist_x86.exe" after installing DiagBox.
- DiagBox installs without issues on VMware Workstation and Player, but the below preperation is needed for DiagBox 7.62+ and V8.xx.

Preparation to install DiagBox 8.01 on VirtualBox
- Having installed 32 bit Windows + VirtualBox Guest Additions + .NET 3.51 and VC++ 2008, you can use the Powershell command "Get-WMIObject win32_BIOS" or the "DMIdecode" tool to obtain BIOS information.
- Start an administrator's CMD and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\", and execute the following command (Replacing "Your VM" with your Virtual Machine's name, and System Serial with your hardware's, like "CDN29326BH", any other code may also work):
C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox>VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemSerial" "System serial"

Installing DiagBox 8.01
1- Install DiagBox 7.01 and run update 7.02 then install update v7.xx-7.57 (or any v7.45+ update that creates "C:\AWRoot\dtwr\cfg\Config.sys")
2- Restart the computer and rename "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot7" (you may need to stop some diagBox processes)
3- Run DiagBox 8.01 installation until it requests Activation. Close it and run the tool "AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe" it will inject the necessary files and copy the configuration from "C:\AWRoot7".
4- Run DiagBox, it should continue the installation successfully.

Done !, Restart DiagBox 8.01 (as Administrator) to confirm all is well. If you face an issue, run the activation tool again and/or review "version.ini" as below.

Installing Updates
1- Download and install "DiagBox_updt_802.ISO" update.
2- Download and install subsequent updates or Maitresox updates.

Versions
The order of the version lines and which is active in VERSION.INI is important for the running of the system. DiagBox will display 08.01 if set as shown below. But Lexia will NOT work with "version.ini" set to V08.xx active (xx is the version number depending on which update is applied).
[APPLICATION]
version=08.01
version=07.65

If Lexia or PP2000 is started with "version=08.xx" active, "APPDIAG.SYS" will be corrupted and it will need to be restored before DiagBox will work again. To operate Lexia/PP2000 (after starting DiagBox with 8.xx), edit "version.ini" and comment/save "version=08.xx" (by inserting ";" as shown below) BEFORE starting LEXIA or PP2000.

Setting "version.ini" to 07.xx (by removing or commenting "version=8.xx" permanently) will prompt DiagBox to report V 07.xx, but everything will work fine. Also, 07.xxx can be used to indicate the real version of DiagBox, for example:
[APPLICATION]
version=07.817

Update
- DiagBox v7 and v8 install and run on all x86 Windows including Windows 10 TH1, TH2, RS1 and RS2.
- The "psaAagent.exe" issue on VirtualBox is now sorted by entering a System Serial for the Virtual Machine as described above.
- If you get "Error 2" after restarting DiagBox, ensure you only have "version=7.xx or 7.xxx" in "version.ini" before restarting DiagBox again.

Enjoy; Simple.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

DBox_8xx_Install_and_update.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 8970 times
Size: 1.25 KB

Kill_DiagBox_Tasks.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 380 times
Size: 301 bytes

Simple, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Dec 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dorflatino , Nexus , amora , amatz , richyxxx , samatii , eustaminas , andy583 , FrancisNYC , twedie , jabibi , Diagnostix , LeMansSeries , enver25 , deano , fernandoariel21 , Caucasian , bekiyu , Briga , Corali , sabe , ombra , bailtree , innovo , hasan1967 , shomy85 , Segadora , bmax , leonogue , atso , Intermax , brzzzi , crabhunter , initiald , karazu , warha , navire123 , leon52 , Renopower , Renedo , boelle , ANDREAS52 , mahmoudbm , Abram , Guilecar , ne0t4r , fr3nky , G2Blast , Bz249 , carbug , ukfly , weeles , HDI92 , Huber678 , vatovey , aiklee74 , Nabil77 , djsax , lollo54 , DouglasBrock , josef , orait , Biszkopt , franz93 , workers
03-14-2016, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2016 12:48 AM by Simple.)
RE: DiagBox 8.xx Installation & Upgrade
(03-13-2016 05:51 AM)daouf Wrote:  AWRoot_v7_Conf Ativation_v8 + does not work.
it is necessary to have a backup file of the 7.83 version or another (in my case)
Actually the activation file does work, and this is how the installation continues beyond the activation screen. Users need to ensure that the line version=08.xx in "version.ini" file is removed or commented, as explained in the first post (I did not set that as I did in 7.83 on purpose).

03-14-2016, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2016 05:03 AM by Simple.)
(03-14-2016 03:46 AM)daouf Wrote:  Hello
thank you for the information

In the new version : 8.22 ?!
thank you Smile

The files I released (up to 8.17) are originals with minimal changes, 8.18 available from Maitresox and I released 8.19 (7.83).
I recompiled v8.20 (7.84) but with a lot of changes, it still works on my old Citroen C8, but I have no way of finding out if it still works on other cars after the changes. I looked at the newer 8.21 and 8.22, they are small files and should be easily installed with no or minimal changes.

Thanks given by: leon52 , leonogue
03-18-2016, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2016 01:44 PM by Simple.)
(03-18-2016 05:49 AM)daouf Wrote:  Hello
I have a problem with diagbox 8.17, it beugue and it asks me the activation.
do you have a solution?
thank you

Please re-read the first post again, especially the line where it says Done! and the 4th point after update.. if you lost the files in the cache folder read how to recover them it is also there.

06-19-2016, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2016 08:05 AM by Simple.)
(03-14-2016 05:00 AM)Simple Wrote:  Hello
Simple, I really appreciate what you are doing for the community here.
would you kindly advise how can I obtain download links for V8.21 &
V8.22 along with the update steps. Your help and support would be very
much appreciated.
Please find attached a file containing the links for:
1- DiagBox updates from 8.20-8.26 (individual, original files)
2- DiagBox 8.24 setup (needs PSA User ID)

I have written about updating DiagBox in a number of posts (since 7.77). However, this is a tedious and time consuming process.

Simple.

Attached File(s)
Dbox updt 20-26 & 8.24 Setup.zip
Downloaded: 960 times
Size: 425 bytes

Thanks given by: enver25 , bekiyu , skipjack , SUMA57 , BytePir8
10-16-2016, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2016 03:08 AM by Simple.)
(10-15-2016 01:58 PM)opapito Wrote:  Sorry Simple, my previous post wasn't clear enough. I'm talking about the file "Dbox updt 20-26 & 8.24 Setup.zip" on page 3. It's password protected.

Updates 20-26 are original files that are NOT re-configured, I posted them because someone requested them. If used as they are, they will lock DiagBox and render it unusable.

11-13-2016, 04:03 AM
Updates are now available (to date) up to 8.35, but they are not "reconfigured".. However, you can use the latest Lexia and PP2000 which are included in 8.35.

If you wish to try it (at your own risk and having taken all precautions!):
1- Use the attached “Kill_DiagBox_Tasks.bat” to stop all DiagBox’s processes.
2- Rename your current “C:\APP” folder to “C:\APP8”
3- Extract the downloaded APP-835.7z to “C:\” so that you have “C:\APP”
4- Restart your computer and run DiagBox as usual.

Have fun!

The language is set to English, if you wish to change it, edit the DICO.TXT file in the EXE folders of LEXIA or OUTILREP (PP2000).

If you wish to revert to your original setup.
- Kill all processes again using the wicked batch file
- Rename the C:\APP folder to anything or delete it
- Rename your C:\APP8 back to C:\APP
- Restart the computer and start DiagBox.

P.S. DiagBox has been running on Firmware 4.3.4 since 7.66/8.02.

Regards, Simple.

Attached File(s)
APP-835+Kill_DiagBox_Tasks.zip
Downloaded: 464 times
Size: 811 bytes

05-10-2017, 05:29 AM
(05-10-2017 02:02 AM)misigun Wrote:  Is it possible to manage smeg+ with this diag or we need a citroen server??

Στάλθηκε από το Le X820 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Try it for yourself, but you need v8.15/7.79 minimum.

06-06-2017, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 03:39 AM by Simple.)
Well done..
Sometimes the processes are not fully dead by the time files are being overwritten. This is why restarting and repeating the update would work.
Another way of doing it, is by using Kill_DiagBox_Tasks.bat before performing the updates.

06-06-2017, 07:46 PM
To overcome internet connection when Telecoding, follow this process:

Precaution: Ensure you take a snapshot of your configuration prior to making a change in case you need to revert to original settings.

1- Start DiagBox with Network disconnected
2- Select your car brand and model
3- Perform Global Scan
4- Select the Module you wish to configure (DiagBox will try to connect to PSA servers, then it will timeout and offer Manual Configuration),
5- Choose the item to be reconfigured, perform the changes and apply/save them.

Done! Simple.