You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
DiagBox 8.xx Installation & Upgrade
07-15-2017, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2017 07:06 AM by GTZocker.)
RE: DiagBox 8.xx Installation & Upgrade
Hi everyone!

Am currently attampting an installation on a brandnew WIN10 Laptop / Netbook (ASUS E200HA).

I have downloaded and installed DiagBox Full v8.01 ISO, then quit the software when it requests the installation key.
After rebooting the system I run AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe (several requests pop up not: asking if some files are folders or real files).

After finishing this, I reeboot the system again and try to run Diagbox. It starts for a few seconds, but the registration stills seems to be failing: diagbox shows a message "Erreur D Initialision // Impossible de charger le fichier de securite, fermeture!" and the automatically aborts the software.

I have tried several times already, also experimenting with renaming "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot7".

Internet connection is always disabled of course.

What am I doing wrong? SHould I install the 8.xx updates before trying the activation? Or do I really have to install Diagbox 7 first? Cannot be the solution, can it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

GTZocker, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jul 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: DiagBox 8.xx Installation & Upgrade
(08-05-2017 02:11 PM)Johnthehat Wrote:  Hi trying to install diagbox update instructions are clear apart from "you may have to stop diagbox processes" what do i stop?
I have looked but have no idea.
anyone.
Simple gives very good instructions but just throws in you may have to stop some processes.
Also not 100% sure about what to do with virtual drive.
Anyone can help would be great
Thanks
I have attached a "Kill_DiagBox_Tasks.zip" file to the first post. If need be, extract and run the batch file as Administrator. This is because some people do not follow instruction carefully and they go trying things where some processes start, preventing the successful copying of some files. It is usually difficult to explain because the people who do that usual do not know what they have done. So, the easiest way, kill-all etc...

Also, What Virtual Drive? if there are ISOs, then you need to mount them to virtual drive.. But I am not sure what do you mean.

Simple, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Dec 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply