You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cannot get Diagbox to work.
06-13-2018, 06:07 PM
RE: Cannot get Diagbox to work.
So, no success.
But I found a log-file in the launcher folder.
The in the log-file it says that Firebird is not running, however, I can clearly se that the service is actuall running in the task-manager, as well as the service-applet.

So, the question Why do the diagbox launcher Think that Firebird isnt started

TomasL, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jun 2018.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2018, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 06:21 PM by gargamel.)
(06-13-2018 06:07 PM)TomasL Wrote:  So, no success.
But I found a log-file in the launcher folder.
The in the log-file it says that Firebird is not running, however, I can clearly se that the service is actuall running in the task-manager, as well as the service-applet.

So, the question Why do the diagbox launcher Think that Firebird isnt started

I do not understand either, it is a succession of error after error according to the log files and I am already thinking about hardware failures (ram, hdd ...)
Now I'm too tired to mess things up, I hope to be able to assemble a computer with xp sp3 tomorrow or day after tomorrow to see if those failures are reproduced, on w7 x86 two installations on two computers and 0 problems.

I will follow the thread and as soon as I can do the test on xp sp3 I will post the results, to see if between all we solve it and it is for those who come behind a solution Smile

.-)

P,D: As soon as I can upload the update to 4.3.5 for the VCI Smile

gargamel, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Dec 2013.
 Thanks given by: Diagnostix
06-13-2018, 06:56 PM
Partly something happens, replaced the 766 launcher with the 764 launcher, at least it starts now.
However….

06-14-2018, 11:47 AM
Sofar no succés what so ever, it launces with the old Launcher, obviously with a lot of errors, the New launcher cannot find out if Firebird is running hense it shuts down.

So something goes obviously wrong with the Firebird installation, however I cannot find out what.
7.64 works ok, so something has changed in 7.66.

Yesterday, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 03:41 AM by FRANKFURTER.)
Hi guys

some time ago... maybe 15 months ago, i done a installation in a win7 32bits pro.

i remember that one of the "trickies" was to install - specially after version 7.40 -
the updates ONLY FROM A VITUALISATED or (real burned) DVD.

It was there a procedure too, that i had to delete or rename a folder before every update.

And
1. FIREBIRD is a SQL-service - SQLserver - that can run only if certain conditions are given.
(i am administrating some big databases for car companies that are running under Firebird and i know what about i am speaking)
So install all updates of win7 (a nightmare...yes) to be sure that all simple preconditions are given.

I would advise to install before beginning the aio-runtimes_v2.4.6.exe (ALL IN ONE RUNNING) that installs needed VCredists and NEtframeworks
and some other modules on your windows in one run.

2. There is used a APACHE-server (a webserver on localhost of your PC on 127.0.0.1)
And this is supersensible too in aspect of pre-and post-conditions of your system.
Running the software the first times, you will see that the Firewall is blocking some out/in going ports.
Observe this aspect and deactivate as best your Firewall or administrate the conditions for the diferents modules of DIAGBOX (are 3 or 4)

I done ready some working installations of DIAGBOX under WINDOWS 10 32 Bit running the "testmodus" that can be initiated with a batch.
After that your Win10 will accept some drivers and registry.runs that usually would not accept.

IT- CONSULTING - DEVELOPMENT
 Thanks given by: Diagnostix