You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cannot get Diagbox to work.
06-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Cannot get Diagbox to work.
Dear all, I have now fifty-eleven times (Swedish way of explain frustration) tried to install DiagBox.
I have a Laptop, running native XP-Pro 32-bit SP3, with .NET from 2.0 upp to 4.0 installed, including VS2008 redist and java as well.

Everyting is working perfectly well upp and to DiagBox V7.58(ish) (it depends on what update packages i use).

After that, when i come to the window "Internet Updating" it suddenly says in the whide window, "Something went wrong, please restart the instrument, Contact support, if problem persists, press accept".
Now this text is losely translated from Swedish.

I have spent hours searching for an answer but so-far no solutions.
Unfortunately 50 % of the results in google is in french, and I do not speak French.

Anyone here that have seen this before and point me to a solution.

TomasL, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jun 2018.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: Cannot get Diagbox to work.
(06-11-2018 03:08 PM)TomasL Wrote:  Dear all, I have now fifty-eleven times (Swedish way of explain frustration) tried to install DiagBox.
I have a Laptop, running native XP-Pro 32-bit SP3, with .NET from 2.0 upp to 4.0 installed, including VS2008 redist and java as well.

Everyting is working perfectly well upp and to DiagBox V7.58(ish) (it depends on what update packages i use).

After that, when i come to the window "Internet Updating" it suddenly says in the whide window, "Something went wrong, please restart the instrument, Contact support, if problem persists, press accept".
Now this text is losely translated from Swedish.

I have spent hours searching for an answer but so-far no solutions.
Unfortunately 50 % of the results in google is in french, and I do not speak French.

Anyone here that have seen this before and point me to a solution.
I can only talk to you from my own experience, install the program until version 7.82 I remember without problems, every update, a restart, run the program to install the update, install the next update, restart the computer, run to install and So I did not have any problem.
You have to respect the cycle of updates scrupulously, you can not skip versions. I install it on Win7 x86 and as I mention no problem.
It could be a problem to mix updates from several suppliers (in my case scary01 and the last of Maixtresox went well), I know there are several releases of varied origin.

I do not know if it will be helpful but it is the only thing I can tell you based on the information you provide and the little experience I have with that software that I have not yet been able to test with the VCI.

.-)

gargamel, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Dec 2013.
 Thanks given by: Diagnostix
06-11-2018, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2018 03:27 PM by TomasL.)
I have done exactly according to the instructions, update, reboot, let it finish, next update etc.
I have not mixed update, all of them are scary01, except the latest Maixtresox, however there seems to be a numberof different versions out there, some updates 758 to 760 and some to 762 etc (still signed by scary01 and/or Maixtresox) , anyway regardles they all behave the same when i try to go to 76x

06-11-2018, 03:31 PM
(06-11-2018 03:25 PM)TomasL Wrote:  I have done exactly according to the instructions, update, reboot, let it finish, next update etc.
I have not mixed update, all of them are scary01, except the latest Maixtresox, however there seems to be a numberof different versions out there, some updates 758 to 760 and some to 762 etc (still signed by scary01 and/or Maixtresox) , anyway regardles they all behave the same when i try to go to 76x
Okay, if you feel good, let's try one thing, before the 7.58 version you stayed on?

.-)

06-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Try what?

06-11-2018, 03:35 PM
(06-11-2018 03:32 PM)TomasL Wrote:  Try what?
Maybe your 7.58 update its corrupt and causing this issue , if you say me what update version number its installed before 7.58 i atempt locate a new 7.58 update file and if lucky all be fine after ....
Sorry for my bad english Smile
.-)

06-11-2018, 03:42 PM
I have one version where it goes from 757 to 758 and then 758 to 762
the other version I have is 740 to 758, then 758 to 760, then 760 to 764, then 762/763/764/765 to 766.

With the first version it stopps working after 758, with the second version, it stopps work after 764.

06-11-2018, 03:54 PM
(06-11-2018 03:42 PM)TomasL Wrote:  I have one version where it goes from 757 to 758 and then 758 to 762
the other version I have is 740 to 758, then 758 to 760, then 760 to 764, then 762/763/764/765 to 766.

With the first version it stopps working after 758, with the second version, it stopps work after 764.
Curious, it seems that we both have the same two versions and I have both worked, that makes me think that those same updates are damaged ... in a few minutes I hope to provide you with a link to those files of the two facilities I have for that you try to see ...

.-)

Thanks given by: Diagnostix , TomasL
06-11-2018, 04:02 PM
THanks.
What I don't understand really is what they really mean with "Instrument", is it the whole computer or the Actia HW?

06-11-2018, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2018 04:11 PM by gargamel.)
(06-11-2018 04:02 PM)TomasL Wrote:  THanks.
What I don't understand really is what they really mean with "Instrument", is it the whole computer or the Actia HW?

The instrument its PC , maybe need two restarts , on some systems was needed ....:-)

Always HW disconected when install ....

.-)

Attached File(s)
GarageForum.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 16 times
Size: 43 bytes

Thanks given by: Diagnostix , TomasL