You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Automotive Diagnostic Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
BMW GT1,DIS,SSS,PROGMAN_Auto_Installer
11-06-2016, 04:16 AM
RE: BMW GT1,DIS,SSS,PROGMAN_Auto_Installer
I need admin password for INPA download drivers for the K-d can.

Help please

Thanks

andres445, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Oct 2016.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2016, 08:53 PM
It looks like the build-in administrator account is not locked down. Try doing a switch user and then login as administrator and leave the password field empty.
Then you can use gpedit.msc to enable all the feature that was disabled or use powertools for xp.
To fix the usb you have to make sure to copy the file below in the correct location.

For ksuser.dll:

c:\windows\system32\ksuser.dll
c:\windows\system32\dllcache (that is where XP keeps backup copies of important files)
For usbstor.sys:
c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbstor.sys
c:\windows\system32\dllcache (that is where XP keeps backup copies of important files)
For usbstor.pnf and Usbstor.inf

%SystemRoot%\Inf\Usbstor.pnf
%SystemRoot%\Inf\Usbstor.inf
Do a search on the pc for these files or get them from another windows xp computer.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...4f8ee5ecd8

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/823732

navin123, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Sep 2016.
 Thanks given by: VLStelios
12-12-2016, 01:48 PM
For all those that need the PW for the Admin account and change the user into the Admin account its inside the vmware image.
You have to be a little tech to be able to get the Admin PW. I found that cmd, registry and gpedit were all disable by admin but I found a loophole in the image that I was able to gain access to the admin account and create administrator account.
I don't know if I will be able post the "how to get the Admin PW" in this forum but if you really need it shoot me an message and I'll explained the detail. Hope I don't get banned for showing you this.

fyaajster, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Nov 2016.
 Thanks given by: VLStelios , stiga77
12-27-2016, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 03:51 PM by enkei.)
I think I know what Moe is talking about, and I'm having the same problem. I've tried the install on different computers, step by step, one windows 7, one windows 10, 4 gigs and 6 gigs of ram respectively.

The DCAN usb cable drivers install on my main computer, but will not install in VM ware. When I try to access the removable devices, it is listed only as future device. Tried installing the drivers from the 64 bit folder inside of VM ware, no luck. I even tried installing the drivers in VM ware directly from the original source, no luck. The DCAN usb cable populates under device manager underneath "other" with a yellow exclamation point. Using a 2.0 usb port.

I think the problem lies within VM ware, I noticed it will not install my flash drive either.

fyaajster, sent you a PM, hit me back if you can. Thanks!

enkei, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Dec 2016.
05-16-2017, 09:25 AM
thank you

Apollo13, proud to be a member of GarageForum since May 2017.