You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autocom CDP+ with Delphi and WoW!
08-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Autocom CDP+ with Delphi and WoW!
Hello

I have been reading this forum for some time and managed to learn quite a bit about automotive sw.

In my case I use Autocom CDP+ with Delphi cars 2014.R3 and WoW! 5.00.8R2 apps and I have this kind of a problem.

My CDP+ came with 1530 fw, but when connected to Delphi it was updated (to 1530 fw), to work correctly.
When I connected a CDP+ (with 1530 fw) to WoW, the fw also needed to update and fw changed to 1423 fw. When I tried to use delphi again the CDP+ (with 1423 fw) again needed updating and it updated to 1513 fw.

I would like to know if this is normal or do I have to change fw everytime I change an app?
Can somebody please explain to me what am I doing wrong or what do I have to do, so that I don’t need to update fw every time a use a different app.
A CDP+ in now with 1513 fw, how can I upgrade it to 1530 fw like it was on a beginning?

Which fw you recommend to use so that I can use both app without updating?

Every help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Rok

bluebeast, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Jul 2018.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2018, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2018 02:14 PM by gargamel.)
RE: Autocom CDP+ with Delphi and WoW!
(08-04-2018 01:19 PM)bluebeast Wrote:  
Hello

I have been reading this forum for some time and managed to learn quite a bit about automotive sw.

In my case I use Autocom CDP+ with Delphi cars 2014.R3 and WoW! 5.00.8R2 apps and I have this kind of a problem.

My CDP+ came with 1530 fw, but when connected to Delphi it was updated (to 1530 fw), to work correctly.
When I connected a CDP+ (with 1530 fw) to WoW, the fw also needed to update and fw changed to 1423 fw. When I tried to use delphi again the CDP+ (with 1423 fw) again needed updating and it updated to 1513 fw.

I would like to know if this is normal or do I have to change fw everytime I change an app?
Can somebody please explain to me what am I doing wrong or what do I have to do, so that I don’t need to update fw every time a use a different app.
A CDP+ in now with 1513 fw, how can I upgrade it to 1530 fw like it was on a beginning?

Which fw you recommend to use so that I can use both app without updating?

Every help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Rok

Maybe im wrong but in theory it's simple, change the firmware of both applications to match, copies the 1530 firmware to the firmware folder of the one that does not have it and the problem should be solved ...

:-)

Attached link to the latest firmware I know for the CDP + interfaces both under WOW and under Delphi and substitutes ....

I hope it's useful ...

.-)

Attached File(s)
Modified VCI firmware 1612 and 1622.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 122 times
Size: 71 bytes

Do not forget to press the Rep [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] and Thanks [Image: postbit_thx.gif] buttons if I helped.
 Thanks given by: Diagnostix , bluebeast
08-05-2018, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2018 05:11 AM by Mister_ACE.)
Time an addendum because again and again questions arise because of the Firmware in different versions.

Example Firmware Version 1430.

When using the VCI..CDP CDP+ Delphi DS150 Delphi DS150E with Autocom 2015.1 Delphi 2015.1 and WOW 5.00.8R2 on the same PC and same VCI.
Install the Version you need… copied the firmware folder of WOW 5008R2 in the firmware folder Autocom 2015.1 and firmware folder Delphi 2015.1
Now all versions have the same firmware 1430. WOW 5.00.8R2 started and made the firmware update you VCI with WOW, now run the versions: Autocom
2015.1, 2015.1 and Delphi WOW 5.00.8 with the same VCI and the same Firmware 1430. So you can handle with all other versions!

Attention: Firmware update only with WOW not with Autocom or Delphi. WOW has more file to copy to the VCI

Firmware WOW is in the following folder if on C: installed
c:\ Program Files\wow\ac_diagnosis_module\firmware\

Firmware Autocom
c:\ Program Files\ Autocom\ Cars CDP+\firmware\

Firmware Delphi
c:\ Program Files\ Delphi Diagnostics\ DS150E (New VCI) \firmware\

If you like this post please press Thanks and Reputation!
 Thanks given by: bluebeast , Diagnostix , camaro , gargamel
08-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Hello

Thank you both for quick reply.

''Mister_ACE''
I'm sorry to bother with same questions.
When I look into these folder, I see more or less the same named files (except the wow has more files - is it for this reason recommended to upgrade with wow app), but there are supposed to be a different verions of fw. How can I see which version of fw is inside the folder. I tried looking at the firm.info file, but I'm not sure if I'm looking right.

''Gargamel''
I got your fw, but in the package I only see 1622 version, corect me if I'm wrong. Could it be possible to get the 1612 also.

Could it be possible to get a link where the latest fw are packaged together and if I understand correctly it would be best if the fw would be from wow app.

Regards.
Rok

08-05-2018, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2018 09:29 AM by gargamel.)
(08-05-2018 07:23 AM)bluebeast Wrote:  Hello

''Mister_ACE''
When I look into these folder, I see more or less the same named files (except the wow has more files - is it for this reason recommended to upgrade with wow app), but there are supposed to be a different verions of fw. How can I see which version of fw is inside the folder. I tried looking at the firm.info file, but I'm not sure if I'm looking right.

''Gargamel''
I got your fw, but in the package I only see 1622 version, corect me if I'm wrong. Could it be possible to get the 1612 also.

Could it be possible to get a link where the latest fw are packaged together and if I understand correctly it would be best if the fw would be from wow app.

Regards.
Rok

Folder named Modified 1622 firmware its v1612 , Modified Firmware 1622 its v1622 ....a mistake from original downloaded site ...

.-)

Do not forget to press the Rep [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] and Thanks [Image: postbit_thx.gif] buttons if I helped.
 Thanks given by: Diagnostix
08-05-2018, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2018 03:39 PM by Mister_ACE.)
(08-05-2018 07:23 AM)bluebeast Wrote:  Hello

''Mister_ACE''

''Gargamel''

Regards.
Rok
Yes this is right when you look in the Firm.info this is the Info which Version you have, look here this is 1430 so you see in all Firm.inf which version it is.

firmware_version_vci=1430
firmware_version_vci_plus=1430
firmware_version_weasy_plus=1430
firmware_version_eobd_vci=217
firmware_version_eobd_vci_plus=115
firmware_version_eobd_weasy_plus=115

Thanks given by: Diagnostix , camaro , duratorq
08-05-2018, 04:05 PM
What firmware to use 5.00.8R2 a Autocom 2016 on one PC?

ROMIK, proud to be a member of GarageForum since Mar 2018.
08-05-2018, 04:33 PM
(08-05-2018 04:05 PM)ROMIK Wrote:  What firmware to use 5.00.8R2 a Autocom 2016 on one PC?
You can use the firmware 1430 from WOW its run fine with all programs I used it myself in Delphi 2016 and WOW 5008R2. You Use only Delphi or Autocom take firmware 1430 from Delphi. The Firmware Autocom and Delphi is the same.

08-06-2018, 07:05 AM
Hello.

Thanks Mister_ACE I see I was very close. I assumed that it was like that but in some cases the numbers are different like:

firmware_version_vci=1423
firmware_version_vci_plus=1430
firmware_version_weasy_plus=1430

but to conclude, the version is the one written in red (for VCI+ hardware), am I right?

You suggested the 1430 fw, but I read that there might be some problem when using it with WOW and chinese clone cdp+ hardware, is that true?
I have two blue boards, normal bluetooth... on the board is written V3, but I read that it should be V8 (there are so many versions, that I might also be wrong).
Can any fw version be applied to one or two board hardware?

I found some fw that is from WOW/E.Easy, is it ok and I can use it WOW/Delphi/...?

Regards.
Rok

08-06-2018, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2018 02:06 PM by Mister_ACE.)
On the web are many Firmware i have 1430 from WOW firmware run WOW Autoocm 2016 and the VCI run fine.
Remember the Prog 2016 is the same basic program 2013 so you can use Firmware 1430 the other higher Firmware are for the original program.

The firmware higher 1430 has instructions in it which do not run with the old version..
You have many VCI Boards i think ...test the Firmware and you see...run fine or not so you can change the Firmware for you is the best.

Thanks given by: Diagnostix